GARDENER JOBS: JOIN OUR TEAM
We are looking to hire a gardenerÂ to join our growing team based in East Dulwich (SE22), South East London.
Initially the role will be part-time, with scope to increase the hours to closer to full-time.
We are really interested in finding an applicant who has an interest in horticulture/or a real willingness to learn about horticulture.
We are passionate about plants and gardens, and we love what we do – we’reÂ looking to hire a like minded gardener. We are more than happy to train up the right candidate, but some experience or knowledge of horticulture would be really useful.Â Â We will provide you with your own uniform, and tools for use on jobs.
THE APPLICANT NEEDS TO BE:
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Have an interest in gardening and plants.
- Horticultural qualifications or training will be advantageous, but is not essential as there will be ‘on the job’ learning.
- A good morning person (early starts are a must in this line of work)
- Happy to work in all weathers – that’s rain and the cold of winter!
- Be willing to weed – which can be repetitive but is quite satisfying once complete!
- Friendly/polite to clients
- Hardworking, and physically able to carry out manual tasks such as digging/lifting etc.
- You will need to be able to take direction and accept constructive criticism.
- Work quickly and efficiently
- Be able to speak fluent English and understand the language
- A clean, full driver’s license is a must.
- Based in or around South East London, or able to travel to a base in East Dulwich (SE22).
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A varied and interesting job. You will see a wide range of different gardens and get to undertake a whole range of tasks. No one day is the same.
- We will pay you a reasonable living wage – significantly higher than the national living wage which is currently Â£7.50.Â
- Paid annual holiday entitlement (determined by number of hours worked).
- To be part of a youthful,Â independent and growing brand.
To apply for the role, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ (with the subject line: Gardener Application) and include a short sentence about yourself, your age, where you live, and an updated CV.
Successful applicants will be invited for a quick/informal chat, before we make a decision.
We will carry out a paid trial period before finalising any employment.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Dru Pearcy -Â Managing Partner